Uniting Barwon’s Norlane office is located at 10 Wendover Avenue, on the site of the Corio/Norlane Uniting Church. It is part of Uniting (Victoria and Tasmania) Ltd, which is the community services arm of the Uniting Church in Victoria and Tasmania.
Uniting is a non-profit organisation financed through government, philanthropic and community grants and donations.
Uniting at Norlane provides:
- Emergency relief services including food, clothing, material aid, household goods and white goods.
- Homelessness and housing services.
- Bill Assist services including organising payment plans, applying for utility relief grants and setting up budgets.
- Primary and secondary school education expense assistance.
- No interest loans for those who qualify.
- General counselling for couples, families, individuals, children and adolescents in the areas of relationship issues, life and family issues, parenting, depression, grief loss and bereavement, personal development, anger management, trauma, anxiety, stress management and loneliness.
Uniting’s office hours at Norlane are 9.30am until noon Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. If you’d like to meet with a Uniting worker or have any queries, phone 5278-8492 to make an appointment.