There is always room for volunteers within the Northerly Aspects team.
No experience necessary – we can help you along the way.
Things you can get involved in are:
- Submit articles, stories of interest, photos, etc
- Come to committee meetings and help plan each edition, discuss and follow up advertising opportunities, publication procedures, etc
Position purpose: Editorial Committee members will work within a team environment in the production of the Northerly Aspects Newsletter and the running of the Northerly Aspects business.
Duties a committee member may be required to do:
- Attend meetings as required
- Read and respond to personal email notifications
- Print own copies of agenda and minutes as needed
- Proof read newsletter prior to publication
- Be available to read, respond/comment on policies, procedures and decisions as necessary
- Spread the word about Northerly Aspects, advertising and content
- Act as Minute Secretary or Chairperson if required
Additional duties a member could be called upon to do:
- Contact community services, agencies, businesses etc about Northerly Aspects business
- Collect submissions
- Assist with administration tasks, e.g. Mail-out days, booklet making
- Contact advertisers and articles submissions and remind them submissions are due and/or contract is finishing
- Deliver newsletter to drop off points
- Be available for community events to display Northerly Aspects
- Gain skills and training in use of desktop publishing program, email and other tasks where necessary
- Assist in publication business where necessary