Corio Library staff want everyone to know they’re back and keen to welcome the community for a visit, to borrow or to join an activity.
Information Services Librarian Leanne Reinke has been in her role since December and is gradually introducing new activities, as well as continuing already-popular sessions.
- Book Club – held on the first Monday of the month, 2pm-3pm. There are some places available and another group will be formed if there is demand.
- Book Chat – Monday evening sessions. A facilitated group for members to talk about the books they are reading.
- Themed Information Sessions to discuss different genres of books, for example crime, then take home ideas of more books to read.
- Purl Jam Knitting Circle – Thursday from 2pm-4pm.
- Practice Your English – Tuesday from 11am-11.45am. Resources are available to help participants.
- Create and Make sessions- book an induction session to learn about the 3D printer, sewing machine or overlocker.
- Technology and library help sessions – book a librarian for a 30-minute appointment to get help with the library, computers, myGov.
- Children’s activities – Baby Time, Toddler Time, Story Time and after school activities.
“We are also able to help parents with use of the apps used by the schools to communicate,” Leanne said. “We have amazing staff and can usually help with immediate issues too.”
Leanne said the library won’t be moving as part of the Northern Aquatic and Community Hub, which is being constructed nearby.
“We’re here to stay and we just want to encourage everyone to come back to the library,” Leanne said. “Come and see us.”
The library is open seven days a week. Monday 9am-8pm; Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 9am-6pm; Thursday 9am-8pm; Saturday 9am-5pm; Sunday 2pm-5pm. It is on the corner of Cox Road and Moa Street.